Private lessons at the Greenleaf Way Studio are available for children and adults of all ages! Lessons are tailor-made for the student’s abilities, interests and goals. Parents’ goals for their children are also incorporated. Lessons in drawing, painting, photography, sculpture and mixed media are offered, as well as a variety of expressive art mediums.
At a first art lesson, you can expect to:
- Agenda prepared for each session
- Lesson plans based on the Ohio’s Academic Content Standards for the Visual Arts
- Periodic Achievement Feedback Sessions/Celebrations
- Photo documentary of all work
- "Art Instruction and Techniques," Handouts
- Art History
- Student works and articles about them are periodically featured on my web site
- Special Projects integrated with curriculum at school
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Career Shadowing
And, at all lessons:
- Talk about anything that you have brought with you. Bring artwork that you have created, your ideas about what you would like to learn, examples, books, favorite things, etc.
- alk about what you would like to learn at art lessons
- If applicable, talk about what parent(s) would like you to learn
- Talk about what I can teach you and how that will relate to what you want to learn
- Take a tour of the studio
- Look at examples of art work created by myself or my students as examples of the kinds of art work that you might create
- Talk about a plan for art lessons: what will we do, how we will do it, etc.
- Set up a date and time that you might be coming for lessons
- Time permitting, we will do an art activity or I will do some demonstrations
My Teaching Artist Private Lesson Goals are to provide:
- Wear comfortable clothes that you won’t mind getting paint or other art materials on them. Don’t wear your “Sunday best!”
“Every child is an artist.
The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”
- Formal and expressive arts instruction that is congruent with and facilitative of the student’s (and parents) goals
- For children, provide art learning experiences that are based on the Ohio Academic Content Standards for the Visual Arts
- Share my knowledge and experience with art
- Support and encourage the student in reaching his/her goals
- Emphasizing his or her strenghts and talents
- Provide achievement feedback
- Encourage and facilitate each student’s unique way of self expression and creativity!
~ Pablo Picasso (Spanish Painter, 1881-1973